Download How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes PDF
Understanding how all the pieces of an economy fi t together can be a daunting task—especially when the experts can’t seem to do it. But when you get down to the basics, it is much easier than you may think. How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes uses illustrations, humor, and accessible storytelling to take economics off its lofty shelf and put it back on the kitchen table where it belongs.
This straightforward story of fi sh, nets, saving, and lending exposes the gaping holes that lie hidden in our global economic conversation. With wit and humor, the Schiffs explain the roots of economic growth, the importance of trade, savings, and risk, the source of infl ation, the effects of interest rates and government stimulus, the destructive nature of consumer credit, and many other economic principles that are so frequently discussed and so poorly understood.
The story may appear simple on the surface but it will leave you with a powerful understanding of How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes.
How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes
- Why governments can spend without ever seeming to run out of money?
- Why some countries are rich while others are poor?
- Whether spending or saving is the best cure for a bad economy?
- Where inflation comes from?
- Why it’s so hard to catch a fish with your bare hands?
How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes (Cover):
Contents of How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes
- AUTHOR’S NOTE
- CHAPTER 1 AN IDEA IS BORN
- CHAPTER 2 SHARING THE WEALTH
- CHAPTER 3 THE MANY USES OF CREDIT
- CHAPTER 4 ECONOMIC EXPANSION
- CHAPTER 5 PROSPERITY LOVES COMPANY
- CHAPTER 6 PUT IT IN THE VAULT
- CHAPTER 7 INFRASTRUCTURE AND TRADE
- CHAPTER 8 A REPUBLIC IS BORN
- CHAPTER 9 GOVERNMENT GETS CREATIVE
- CHAPTER 10 SHRINKING FISH
- CHAPTER 11 A LIFELINE FROM AFAR
- CHAPTER 12 THE SERVICE SECTOR STEPS UP
- CHAPTER 13 CLOSING THE FISH WINDOW
- CHAPTER 14 THE HUT GLUT
- CHAPTER 15 THE HUT RUT
- CHAPTER 16 STEPPING ON THE GAS
- CHAPTER 17 THE FISH HIT THE FAN
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR
Click Next page to download (PDF) (2)