Download Daring Greatly pdf
Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead. The first time I read this quote, I thought, This is vulnerability. Everything I’ve learned from over a decade of research on vulnerability has taught me this exact lesson. Vulnerability is not knowing victory or defeat, it’s understanding the necessity of both; it’s engaging. It’s being all in.
Vulnerability is not weakness, and the uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure we face every day are not optional. Our only choice is a question of engagement. Our willingness to own and engage with our vulnerability determines the depth of our courage and the clarity of our purpose; the level to which we protect ourselves from being vulnerable is a measure of our fear and disconnection.
When we spend our lives waiting until we’re perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make. Perfect and bulletproof are seductive, but they don’t exist in the human experience.
We must walk into the arena, whatever it may be – a new relationship, an important meeting, our creative process, or a difficult family conversation – with courage and the willingness to engage. Rather than sitting on the sidelines and hurling judgment and advice, we must dare to show up and let ourselves be seen. This is vulnerability. This is daring greatly.
Join me as we explore the answers to these questions:
- What drives our fear of being vulnerable?
- How are we protecting ourselves from vulnerability?
- What price are we paying when we shut down and disengage?
- How do we own and engage with vulnerability so we can start transforming the way we live, love, parent, and lead?
Source: Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
CONTENTS of this book Daring Greatly
- Introduction of Daring Greatly How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
- My Adventures in the Arena
- CHAPTER 1 Scarcity: Looking Inside Our Culture of “Never Enough”
- CHAPTER 2 Debunking the Vulnerability Myths
- CHAPTER 3 Understanding and Combating Shame
- CHAPTER 4 The Vulnerability Armory
- CHAPTER 5 Mind the Gap: Cultivating Change and Closing the Disengagement Divide
- CHAPTER 6 Disruptive Engagement: Daring to Rehumanize Education and Work
- CHAPTER 7 Wholehearted Parenting: Daring to Be the Adults
- We Want Our Children to Be
- Final Thoughts
- Appendix—Trust in Emergence:
- Grounded Theory and My Research Process
- Practicing Gratitude
- Notes and References
Some pictures from this book Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
Check also: Ugly love book by Colleen Hoover.